Sunday, October 07, 2007

Gift of Goodbye

Playing~"Free yourself"-Fantasia

I was cleaning my e-mail today and I ran across several e-mails from Plan B. I kinda chuckled because I had forgot about them and from time to time he runs across my mind, which is something I'm okay with. He was the first guy I entertained. After people leave us we move on, but not really. We tend to think about who they are with? Are they missing us? Did we make the right decision....blah, blah, blah. Today, I had an epiphany about this situation. Plan B was nothing special! However, I enjoyed the ideal of him. What he represented is what I enjoyed and that allows me to magnify what we had. Oh the games our psyche plays on us. From time to time I have to remind myself that the people who leave aren't tied to the person I'm destine to be. Thus, I should be appreciative of their departure, because they stopped me from investing in something that wouldn't have brought forth the results I was looking for. Thus, I never try to make anyone stay, love me, or anything else they don't want to do for me. I try to keep myself as free as possible for the people who are purpose for me. You never can welcome them fully when you are invested in someone who was only meant for a season. It's easier said than done, but let's practice the gift of goodbye

8 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

Sometimes goodbye isn't permanent.

Mr. Jones said...

^^^That's very true. Sometimes in spite of your best efforts.

Ailed LittleKnight said...

Much easier said than done! Some people may find that hard even to say!

fuzzy said...

Some people can't say goodbye, they just say see you later. For me goodbye is forever and no matter who the person or what the thing is goodbye always tends to be more stressful and more permanent than see you later...

WhozHe said...

I always figure those people who want to be with me will be with me. I don't need to manipulate, beg, control, or connive to keep you in my life. I'm open to your staying and I'm strong enough to let you go.

Soldier said...

so... what did u do with the emails ?

have they been deleted or kept as precious memories ?

i found some of those when i cleaned my email a few weeks ago, chuckled too, then got rid of them. it's crazy how things changed in a few years. i'm so thankful to them for making me realize how much work had to be done on MY end...

Dayne Avery said...

Here here! Sometimes the what if is a lot better than that what was. Hey...I like that depth right there...lol

Manilow said...

Wow, these words from your post hit me: "From time to time I have to remind myself that the people who leave aren't tied to the person I'm destine to be." That's deep, and it's about time I start reminding myself of that as well. So many times we think that losing a great person means we are in turn not great, ourselves. Congrats on your epiphany.