Sunday, October 14, 2007

get your sh*t

"the fact is (I need you)"-Jill Scott

I feel kinda bad writing this, but what the heck. I want my roomie and great friend out! He has to go! He has been here 3 months+ and I'm over it all. I'm counting down until the end of this month. At the end of this month, he will be gone one way or another. He knows that's my deadline and I'm not extending it. I can't take care of a grown person. In his defense, I purposely told him not to pay me for household expenses (rent, utilities), because I wanted him to save every dime, so he could move. The only thing he had to buy was his food, which still didn't work out that well. I extended the deadline twice one because he had a late start and the last time was because I was just trying to be a friend. After 3.5 months I'm done. I realized he hasn't even offered to pay for gas and I pick him up just about every night he works. He eats out just about as much as I do. He's been shopping...I'm like hey, I told you how I felt about it, but it's your money and you will deal with the consequences not me. The longer he stays the more I realize we're not that much alike. We both like boys and come from the same religion background, but our behavior and mindsets are definitely different.

However, I'm going to miss him and feel a little bad (only for a minute), because I was suppose to be his break. I was trying to give him a way out, which turned out to be an extended vacation.

5 comments:

WhozHe said...

There's only so much you can do for someone without enabling them. You need to stick with your decision this time for his growth and yours.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

you about a dumb summaofasomethin... never let a grown ass man stay in your house and not pay bills. r

life said...

Mr. Baptiste I was trying to help him get on his feet...jeez.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

that is wonderful but you don't help someone by giving them a handout... any real grown ass man should be able to pull some weight.

That Dude Right There said...

Now didn't I tell you about this. Go get my belt and a switch!LOL