Sunday, July 01, 2007

Watch what you say to me

I'm known as a peace maker. Someone who rarely responds to anything foolish or important for that matter. However, this week I have not been that guy. I've been very direct and extremely blunt with my honesty (w/o losing tact of course). For the pass several years I have taken pride in how well I've contained my temper. I no longer allowed people to make me fly off the handle and get physical at the drop of a dime. Now I feel like I'm regressing. The other day I felt a surge of energy come through my whole body, which basically means I'm going to kick your a** and I could not believe I let someone take me that far. I was at work, so that kept it from being a TKO. Plus, the person saw the complete change in my demeanor and backed down. I was straight up in "I'm getting ready to kick your mfing a** and make you eat every word you just said".

I always tell people you control yourself and the situation, but this time I let the situation control me. I was so mad. It messed with me the whole night. I was thinking about all the things I wanted to say and couldn't say and how I was tried. I woke up the next morning and my stomach had a terrible knot in it. I knew this came from the anger. At that point, I knew I had completely lost my progress in the anger department.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo, I think the moon and stars were all lined-up this past week, because we were all apparently being tested. Glad you passed. Like the commercial used to say..."Never let them see you sweat."

yet another black guy said...

every now and then though, somebody goes out of their way asking for it. sometimes it's hard to maintain composure, but you did it. good job, brotherman!

iii said...

I dont think you loss your progress in the anger department you just got side- trakked. As they say get back on the bull and ride it out! It's just a bad day many good ones will follow.