Saturday, July 14, 2007

I guess I'm married (updated)

"Love is stronger than pride"~Sade (well, I'm listening to Rahsaan cover now)

Things have become very domestic around my house these days. I don't know how I feel about it. In some cases, it works, but other times I'm like what is going on here. Of course, I'm not use to sharing, because I'm an only child. I don't mind sharing, but it's weird working around someone else. Conversation has went from I/me to US. What is going on? Plus, he is a major cock blocker. These were his words yesterday "Why was he smiling all in your face? He should know I was going to shut him down." I didn't even recognize it, because I usually ignore people when I'm out somewhere. I just thought he was nervous and friendly, so I chopped it up to that. Per his words, I know when someone is flirting and he was doing a little too much. I have a feeling a great deal of this blog is going to become about my new roommate.

We are so different and I'm realizing we are the closet when I'm feeling boys. It's our common denominator, which is a little unnerving. He is a lady (for the lack of a better term) and I don't know how I feel about that. Again, he is not a flamer, but he is definitely a different kinda man. I.E. He likes to sing soprano and talk in the pitch of a soprano. It seems weird to me. I appreciate range on any singer, but most men don't consistently sing soprano. Granted, I'm nobodies mechanic type of guy, but we are definitely different when it comes to mannerism. I don't know how us staying together for this time period is going to effect our friendship. I'm a moderate person and he's not. I'm not emotional attached to people in my past I don't believe in putting on with people who don't matter. He is and he does....I just don't know. How can two walk together unless they agree? Plus, I gave him a revelation. He asked me a question when Will and Grace was on and I answered honestly not thinking twice. "Do I shame you?" My response was "sometimes" and I kept reading my book. He was shocked and hurt. I was like that was said without any malice intent. However, you put on so much sometimes that I'm like this is coming off put on and everyone knows I don't like ppl who try. Just be, whatever that may entitle. Anyway, I love my friend and we will see how this all turns out. I definitely think it's going to get ugly at least once. He is self-centered, but very assisting with anything you need. Both characteristic can really get under my skin

5 comments:

yet another black guy said...

good luck and try to keep your patience. you never really know someone until you live with them. you discover things that impress you and drive you bananas. hopefully the lines of communication won't be crossed as you to get comfortable around each other.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

fuck patience... if he is only a friend you need to put his cock blocking ass in place.

and you should never ask a question if you are not ready for whatever the answer may be. hopefully he has learned this lesson.

Unknown said...

Wow...I had to smile a few times reading this. Dating exposes the good, the bad and the ugly. Even a great slice of cake can make you feel guilty for having the calories. The point being...Can you say "fuck it" to the calories in your sweet slice of cake or do you have to admit that you need to leave sweets alone? LOL

Mr. Jones said...

I was basically thinking what Reddmann said.

That Dude Right There said...

And you got a roommate why????? Didn't you learn from my mistake??? Oh Lawd What Us Gone Do?