Monday, July 30, 2007

The best weekend ever?

Playing~”I should be your man”-Rahbi

Okay, everything was not shot to hell this weekend. Actually, it was a pretty good weekend. In my attempt to make this weekend the best weekend ever I attended several events. Let’s start with Thursday. I went to what I thought was a soul event. I walked in and turned right back around. It was a complete bust and I didn’t wait for the acts I would enjoy.

Friday night was fair. I went to an event with poets, singers, and other (I can’t think of a category to put some of the artist). I drove pass the place like 2 times getting lost both times, because I was shocked by the location. I thought it would have been at some night club/bar, but I was completely misinformed. It was in someone’s apartment that was set up like an intimate club. I came to see Georgia Me speak, but it was taken way too long for her to come up and I was hungry ( we went and got us some Glady’s and Ron’s).

Saturday was the best! First, I went to the event in Stone Mountain and I was in for a treat. When I arrived Sunshine Anderson was performing and I thought to myself "this might be about something". Then, I hear the announcement that Rahsaan Patterson is the next act. My best friend and current roommate look at each in shock. Rahsaan!!!! He loses his mind and I’m playing it cool. He is literally kicking and screaming in a towel. At that moment, I realize I don’t have my bleeping camera! He performed 4 songs (where you are, so fine, spend the night, and something else). He was suppose to do more, but I think he could fight the heat. Then, I was in for another shocker Donald Lawrence and his singers performed. I was done for the day. However, I was determined to keep the weekend flowing. I decided to go to a Harmony in Life event. I really enjoyed myself there. My rommie was done. His energy was shot after being outside all day and he was busy chit chatting with this bi-curious boy which is driving me up the wall. He would regret it when I told him Rahsaan showed up at the club. I thought he was going to jump in a cab or something. I would have at least took a picture for him, but I left my freakin' camera again. *beyond pissed at this point* The performers were great (PJ Morton, Rahbi, Shamora, Eric Roberson, etc)! thebrotherlove has the list in its entirety. Anyone who knows me knows I love live music, so I was really in a state of euphoria after the day of events. Outside of the fact I wasn’t hollered at once the whole weekend. Granted, Saturday I wasn’t completely dressed to impressed, but I was still together. My feet hurt from those freakin’ shoes for a few hours after the event (my rommie mad me wear them).

Sunday, I went and gave thanks at church and relaxed all day. Today, I haven’t done a thing. I feel like such a loser. I need to do something. I didn’t find a date, but I did enjoy myself. My best friend and I both are confused. We thought we would run into someone by now. How can you not meet a guy in Atlanta? Then, again, we haven’t ran into a lot guys in one particular place, which is also confusing us. I thought there were a lot of gays here. sighs

To give you a taste of what I experienced

Eric Roberson


Rahbi


PJ Morton


Rahsaan Patterson

6 comments:

D.LavarJames said...

Nice weekend

I find that since I'm unemployed, I can do some things that would deem impossible of my time if I were working.

But I know I'll find something soon, and have no time for fun once again, =)

Mr. Jones said...

I JUST WANNA BE WITH YA! Love PJ Morton. Good weekends are the best. Glad you had fun.

perfectingmeB said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I don't want to divulge a lot of info but it is just very refreshing to read blogs that you can really relate to their experiences. In reading various blogs, I just notice how similiar everyone's outlook is while still unique. Each time, I read an entry it makes it easier for me to become content with the whole SGL thing (although I have some ways to go). So keep doing what you are doing and things will work out for you. (I know it wasn't on topic, hope you don't mind.)

yet another black guy said...

man that sounds like a tight concert!

Dayne Avery said...

I think I'm going to have to mace you or something...lol

First, you have exposed Rahbi to the world. He has been my little secret for a while now. I am so in love with his style and music.

We have the same musical tastes. Glad you enjoy great music. Good post.

Waddie G. said...

I like all of them...but I noticed that Rahsaan has a HUGE black gay following since the mid 90s.