Friday, September 28, 2007

Get Real

"My Love"-Jill Scott

I just finish watching a movie called Get Real on Logo. It's a tale of two young men who become attracted to each other. One is a shy guy who is sure of his sexuality and the other is a jock who is confused about the whole thing. I was completely attentive to this movie. It tells the story that so many of us have experienced. All of us have played the role of the jock and/or the shy guy (I've been both) at some point or another. Most of us were the shy guy and we fell for the jock. The guy who nobody suspected and he trusted us to keep it that way. Typically, we find ourselves in this situation between adolescence and early adulthood. Sigh, the things we put up with for moments with our jock. This movie made me go back to a place I rarely visit. I thought to myself I've been there, have you?

2 comments:

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Interestingly enough, I was the jock in HS and didn't even know it. Go figure... Good post yo and very true.

~Damnit!

That Dude Right There said...

I can honestly say that I haven't experienced either side of this phenomenon.