Monday, September 24, 2007

Easy Conversation

Playing~"resentment"-Jazmin S.

One thing I really enjoy about my friends is that we allow each other to be transparent without judgment. We share some of the most tacky, vulnerable, embarrassing, and happiest moments with each other. I think we don't judge each other because we realize that could have been me. I could have made that decision. This doesn't mean we agree on everything, but we respectfully agree to disagree. My friends really don't inter mingle. Outside of rommie/myself/and nosey (he found my blog...he probably is reading now).

Anyway, this question came up when rommie and I were having a moment. What three songs describe your past, present, and life? I pondered a minute and this was my response:

Past: "Be Happy"-Mary J. Blige
This song is my past and sometimes my present song, because that is my desire. When I was younger I always had that feeling of when will I truly be happy. I'm not talking about a moment or a week, but being a happy person (feeling that oneness). The things I did to feel love, happy in my adolescence/early teens years I don't talk about to this day. However, currently I feel pretty darn happy and I'm very comfortable in my own skin.

Present:"Wide Open Spaces" Dixie Chicks
This song fits so well, because it talks about someone going out on their own and making good and bad choices. I feel like I'm definitely in that state. I've always been pretty independent and my own person (sometimes to a fault), but I'm currently choosing my life path. Setting the tone for my future and who I want to be.

Life: "The Rose"-Bette Midler
The words to this song describe my life pretty freakin' well. It's about a person who never experiences life in it's full because they're afraid of all of the consequence that could come with budding. I'm the right down the middle type of guy. I, more than like, always take the safe route in life. I'm very much of the persuasion "if I made the decision, I will pay the price". I don't play the woe is me game. I did it and I will pay the price for whatever I did. Because of that I make decisions with the consequences in mind for the most part. Thus, I rarely do anything that's out there, so I always get mediocre results.

What are your three songs and why did you choose them?

8 comments:

Cash S. said...

Hmmm...

I'll have to think about that and come back.

That Dude Right There said...

"My Life" Mary J. Blige-This song can sum up a lot of peoples lives. Mine being one of them.


"Brother/Sister" Brand New Heavies-This song just lets you know that you have to be strong and handle your own business.

"I Don't Believe He Brought Me This Far"- various artist-You just have to hear this one to understand.

life said...

My life definitely was a contender for song of my life. I love "I don't believe he brought me this far" and I understand.

jbrotherlove said...

Sounds like you have a group of true friends which is always a blessing. Anyone who just wants to compete, brag, bring me down or needlessly lie doesn't belong in my circle.

I like this song idea. You'd think with all of the music I listen to I could come up with three songs in an instant. I'm going to have to think on this for a minute.

life said...

I do have great friends, but only one of my friends is in Atlanta.

One Man’s Opinion said...

hmmmmmm.....what songs describe my past, present and future?....okay...past (Nobody knows, the trouble i've seen)...present (Oh Happy Day)...Future (Soon I will be done with the troubles of this world). That says it all. Peace

antneya said...

Great Post....thansk for visiting

Anonymous said...

Past: "Follow You Down" (Gin Blossoms) - I always played the sidekick until I got tired (or taken advantage of).

Present: "1,2,3,4" (Feist) - Listen to the lyrics and you'll see what I mean.

Life: "One Love" (Mary J & U2) - We're all interconnected in one way or another, so why make it miserable for others when you don't have to.