Friday, September 07, 2007

thoughts

My mother left a few minutes ago and I miss her. While she was her I was like aahhmm when are you leaving? I realize my mother and I are much closer than I realize. I always thought of us as emotional detached, but we are very much present in each other lives. We talk about everything. She is my ride or die chick...lol.

I want to go back before I heard harsh words and experience spiteful actions, so that I can love people freely. I wish I could go back to the days before I knew we were poor. Life seemed to be so simply back then. Maybe I wouldn't be so monetarily ambitious now. I wish I could go back before I was cautious of religion, God, and the consequences that encompasses all of them. I think I would live more freely. I think so much of me was altered because I tried to be not only want God wanted me to be, but family and friends as well. Anyway, this was just a quick post. I had some things on my mind and I wanted to get it out. My blog is becoming quite therapeutic. Bear with me, I'll be back with my normal post. My emotions are just high now and I can't explain way. Sidenote, I love Color Purple. There is nothing like that scene when they are walking through the yard with the purple flowers. Toni wrote her @** off with that book!

3 comments:

yet another black guy said...

man, everything you write is your normal post. sometimes, you feel down; other times jubilant. either way, we're here with you, hoping for the best. i know it's hard, but try to keep your head up during these times!

Unknown said...

I like seeing how people's minds work. Your blog, which I just ran across, gives me a little insight into yours. I takes a lot of courage to be willing to put yourself out like that and I give you props for that. Mother's are complicated beings, I love mine to death (she is not a ride or die chick) just a truly good natured being. You don't find to many of those anymore. Oh, and the Color Purple. Just the best book and Movie in the world. However, my favorite scece is towards the end when Sugg Avery finally gets that much desired hug from her estranged father. That part truly touches my heart. I think it is because I have never known my father. (There, I just gave you a peace of me). Peace, my brother.

Dayne Avery said...

Wow we think alike. That's weird. I wanted to blog about this. You beat me to it. Maybe I still will.

I love the Color Purple now. After seeing the play I had to finally read the book. Alice Walker was genius with that one.