Wednesday, April 23, 2008

random thoughts

I can't overcome this feeling. It's so ingrained in my head. I can't defeat it. I keep saying I'm ready to date and such. However, I'm not sure what I'm doing. I wonder, will I be a good boyfriend? What about sex? That topic comes up pretty quick in conversation. I really don't have an answer. I typically answer with what's most true to how I feel. Will I ever have that magical moment that draws me to someone? Is that just a figment of my imagination? Why can't I just have fun? Nawl, that lead me to Plan B and that was truly a mess. WTF was I thinking! He progressed way further than he should have. Lord, just the thought! He had some great attributes, but I didn't have chemistry with him. Thus, I refuse to entertain anyone who I don't feel something for upfront. I'm sure this aids in my lack of dating. You typically can't get that from seeing someone in the club or walking pass them in the mall/grocery store. Okay, this post is not suppose to be about this. I guess out of the fullness of the heart the hands write. You can't get your dream the first time out of the gate. You have to kiss a few toads to get your prince, but I don't want no d**n toads. Let's skip that and get right to the prince....sigh.

2 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

You are thinking too much. Do a lunch with someone so that takes away the feeling of a dinner date. Go to where the men are, the gym, hangout spots, and strike up a conversation. Just eliminate that word date and replace it with getting to know people. Have simple conversations with intention of dating.

. said...

i have to agree with the cat above me.
it seems as though you are putting extremely way too much thought into. let the moment happen. it will come when its time. especially if you don't want to kiss a bunch of toads. just allow a moment. but also don't be afraid to pursue what you want. especially when you know what you want.