Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lessons learned

Thank you for cursing me out for questioning your love. You taught me how to love myself and to appreciate the love someone can show. You didn't love me any less, because you couldn't express your love the way I desired.

I'm so grateful for all of the people who made negative comments about my dark skin. You taught me that my self-esteem is just that SELF-esteem.

Thanks for the innumerable amount of rumors spread! I've learned how to just do me. People will say what they want anyway.

I'm grateful for the season when I stood alone, people hated me, and others who kept their distance because of people's dis-like towards me. For the first time, I wasn't popular in a good way. I learned how to stand on my own two feet and be okay with that!

Even though I released these issues years ago it feels good to reflect on them. I am an overcomer...breathes and exhales. Reflecting on my freedom...God is good!

4 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

All the time, all the time God is good.

Nothing like realizing self worth and having insight.

Anonymous said...

Nice. Very nice.

It's a good feeling to look back at the years passes to see how much you've grown.

GI said...

Amen to lessons learned!

I felt this one! It is a great thing to reflect as you did. It helps you to stay free!

yet another black guy said...

lol, did you say 'overcomer'?!!