Tuesday, April 15, 2008

When I was a boy

Playing~"Solider"-Erykah Badu

When I was a boy I thought I didn't need anyone. How foolish was I? About 5 months ago, I realize I'm no island. I was Mr. self satisfied. I would disappear for days at a time with no human contact. Now, I can probably go for a day or so. I need people more than I ever could imagine. Up until 5 months ago I couldn't identify with people who needed someone. I couldn't comprehend their feeling of loneliness. I thought they were insecure or something. I'm quickly realizing they were just feeling what anyone would feel. You need someone to touch, talk to, laugh with, be intimate with. A place where you let your guard down and your embraced for everything you are/ everything you aren't. It's weird admitting that...lol. I'm so not use to being in a place of need. Especially when the supplies are housed within someone else.

4 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Wow, you really are transforming. I wouldn't so much as say that you are different or that you are conforming. You are simply understanding the power of the gift that God gave us. It is the desire to be with one another. It's part of the whole plan or else we would die out.

So yes, being with someone else is wonderful and I hope to see you do more of it.

Aaron said...

wow. I started to tear up reading this post. I understand so much of what you are saying and I feel it to my core. I really do. I thank and appreciate you for these words.

Thank you.

WhozHe said...

How good it is to need and be needed by someone else.

Anonymous said...

Please read my post as I'm going through this EXACT thing. My only problem though is learning to be open with people who are "guarded"