Thursday, March 20, 2008

Life aint no fairy tale

Playing~"Love"-Kelly R.

I don't know exactly when the fantasy starts, but some how it becomes an expecation. We fantasize about how we will meet our potential partner, how they will look, and how they would behave. We wait to feel that cosmic energy and when it's not there we think automatically he or she isn't it. As we grow older, we realize our dream partner is just that a dream. The person may not come in the package we imagine. When was the fantasy over for you or are you still believing your well packaged partner will manifest him or herself?

6 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Funny how I was just having this conversation very recently. But realizing that there is no dream mate comes when you realize that your expectations are too high, almost unattainable.

fuzzy said...

fantasies are what you make them and mold them to be. I tend to think fantasies are subject to change.

Corey Keith said...

The ideal mate only exists in the ideal, but the real can bring even more joy than the ideal. I would have never thought that I would have "my dream" lover in the man I am currently dating, who is almost eight years my junior, but I do and I am a firm advocate of making your dreams reality by accepting the reality of you life.

D-Place said...

I don't think that fantasies are ever over. However, if you want to be lonely then you keep waiting for the fantasy to come true. I agree that at a certain age you realize this isn't everything that I pictured but I like this.

Aaron said...

I have never had a fantasy package as I feel some of the things that I want my partner to possess are not so much dreams, as they will be concrete un-negotiable attributes such as respect for me.

But as far as spotting the package...I have faith that I will know who he is when I see him or when he finds me.

yet another black guy said...

i agree with Aaron, some things others may see as dream qualities in a mate, are definite must haves for me. i've waited for someone to come along for a bit, a little longer's not gonna kill me. i hope lol!