Sunday, March 16, 2008

honesty of course

I find a lot of irony in my blogger name (truthfully speaking). Honesty is something we all demand from everyone we interact with, but we forget how difficult it is to speak honestly sometimes. We all lie at some point whether it's through omission or commission. It could be as simple as not telling your friend the truth about their outfit or as big as not telling your partner that you went out with an ex. Honesty requires a great deal of vulnerability and humility. My desire to appear self-reliant hinders me. My pride gets in the way. We all know most lies steam from some insecurity. My question is, how are you keeping yourself honest? Just a quick post that ran across my mind.

3 comments:

yet another black guy said...

i have limited the amount of people i associate with, and also do a fair self evaluation periodically.

it's those lies to friends that always come into play. no one wants to hear the bad things no matter how much they probably NEED to. and no one wants to be the one to say them no matter how much they probably NEED to.

Mr. Jones said...

I evaluate myself often. I note the good, the bad, all of it. Then, well, I keep it real with myself. No need for grandiose dreams and delusions of grandeur. I always try to keep it funky with myself.

Good post.

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

I learned from my relatives. I found that the older they get the more honest they are. They are honest with their feelings and don't mind hurting yours.

I believe that life is just too short and being honest with yourself is the best gift. You will never regret if you do.