Monday, March 31, 2008

Friends

Playing in the background~"you better tell her"-Teedra M.

As I was out this weekend, I realized I need to gain some friends. This is not a new revelation, but I definitely felt it this weekend. I went to a few events this weekend and I went to all of them alone. This doesn't typically get a response out of me, because I'll go solo in a minute and talk to whomever is there, but this time I was a little aggravated. Since birth I've been popular whether I liked it or not. As I grew older, I purposely kept my circle small(3-9). Currently, I have a very small team who stay in Atlanta, Ga (Slick, Shortymack, Ph.d). I rarely speak to Plan B and his whole crew (you guys know what's up with that).

Slick is one of my best friends who I moved up here.
Pro: history (nothing can compete with memories/time), trustworthy, and faithful
Con: Over the top antics (I like actin' up in it's place, but you can't give me too much) and lack of funds.

Shortymack is new, but has great potential.
Pro: nice, cute (superficial?...whatever), serious relationship, and fun
Con: can be over the top, lack of history, serious relationship (on lock sometime) and potentially combative

Ph.d he just gets me
Pro: Nice, emotional & mental connected( We talk about a lot of social issues, my random theories,research, etc), and smart
Con: little time (he's finishing up his Ph.D.) and older (he loves my mind, but he doesn't go out much...maybe the time is more of a factor)

I have a few other people I talk to randomly. I just need people who are more of my speed. I consider myself a middle of the ground type of guy. It's definitely hard to find people who you are compatible with, can trust, and are fun. I appreciate my friends so much more now. However, one thing I will not do is gain a bunch of friends I can't trust. That's counterproductive!

3 comments:

fuzzy said...

Hey can you email me? i wanted to ask you a question...

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Wow. Yeah you need to get out more. But don't fret about the moving on. Like the saying goes, what you like at 16 you don't like at 18, what you like at 18 you don't at 21, 21...25, and so on. It's just growth. Sometimes you are lucky enough to have friends that grow with you, sometimes...

fuzzy said...

I didn't get an email from you. only from curio or curious. But at any rate, I forgot what the question is... Will you be joining us at the blogger reunion?