Thursday, August 09, 2007

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly


I'm always a fan of the underdog who has talent. Thus, I kinda support Kelly. The truth of the matter is she has more range than Beyonce, but some kinda way you rarely see it showcased, but I have a video that proves it (Beyonce is louder, but watch how they always harmonize around her and she never leaves the middle. Also, watch how Kelly takes the bottom and ends up on top with a crazy note at the end). I'm not quite sure why we don't see her sing like this live or on her personal albums. I didn't buy the album when it came out, because it was full price and I can't support foolishness. Who releases their album full price? Anyway, I have been persuaded by a great friend of mine to support it. I was sold when I checked out her AOL session, so I'm going to get the album. She needs to give us a strong ballad and really sing on it. She also needs to do more rolling, riffing, and scatting. It works people go for it and they think you really can sing. She is too plain when it comes to singing. I want her to really serve it up. She also needs stronger content in her songs. Go to Babyface Kelly. I'm loving the new confidence and "grown woman" she is giving us with those sexy legs. Hell, if Letoya Luckett could go platinum, Kelly should double that. Letoya barely can hold her notes live. Her background has to sing certain parts of her song and everything. I want to see her tonight, but I can't find anyone who is available and/or has the money.

6 comments:

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

damn wasnt the concert only $20... u need to upgrade your friends lol

Unknown said...

Kelly will never outsell or outperform Beyonce (even if she has more range OR talent) but it would be nice if she could maintain a career... :)

life said...

No, the tickets ended up being $40 because it was the day of the show. Plus, they're grad. students every penny counts. Coco sadly I think you are right

@GaryTylone said...

I think Kelly has the abilities to have a good/long career. It won't at the level of Beyonce's, but not too many female R&B singers are. I think Kelly is great.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

she will never make it because everyone keeps comparing her to Beyonce, instead of letting her just be Kelly. Sad to be in someone's shadow.

yet another black guy said...

i bought the first cd and was roundly disappointed. maybe i'll go to iTunes and peep some of her new stuff. i'd like her to do well too. she needs to make sure she either has a bangin' next video or a jump off remix.