Sunday, August 19, 2007

Just thinking

Playing~”Family Guy”; “ Love, need and want you”-Patti

  • Who is ready for Jill Scott’s return?
  • A wise man brought up a good point today. He said women are taught how to maintain relationships, but men are only taught to obtain them. I paraphrased what he said, but that was the gist of it.
  • My friends have really been giving me a lot of feedback. They talk about me so badly. They completely told me why I’m single. When I went to a concert they pointed out some guys who just stood their like they were real hot and you approach me attitude. I really don’t think that’s me though, because I was like ugh. I’m a little shy, but not arrogant.
  • My roommate and I use each other from time to time (nothing remotely sexual is going on). We both need somebody. I don’t know when I gained this need, because it so not me. Ugh he is rubbing off on me! He finds it funny, because he knows this is not my style.
  • I went out the other night and I was robbed. OMG…these people charged me $40 to go into their establishment. I have never heard of anything like this before in my life. I only paid because a GREAT friend was visiting from out of town and I was trying to get him out. I’m going to be pissed about that for a week.
  • Everyone says I’m growing up, but I don’t know what I’m doing. Some things I’m experimenting with seem to be regressive. I don’t know. For example, going to that club…wtbleep. I don’t go to clubs, and then I paid $40 for 1hr and 20 mins. Plus, the place was weak. The music was alright, but it was too many men. I was like ugh I could have gone to a gay club for this. I cussed the other day too. I need to have a come to Jesus meeting (in the words of my girl Oprah). My friend back home laughs me out saying I like this sinful life.
  • Amy Winehouse “tears dry on their on” rides does it not?
  • Speaking of riding music Kelly Roland “work” is HOT!
  • My bad luck continues I was pulled over by the cops and given a ticket for a tail-light. WHAT! I think if I show them I repaired it I will not have to pay anything. Does anyone know how that works?
  • I’ve been very introspective lately. Wondering about life and all of its twist and turns. I fear being poor.
  • I don’t know if I’m going to go out with this girl anymore. I feel like she is getting a free ride. I don’t like that feeling. We’re just friends
  • What do you guys think of the Altima coupe?
  • I have a strong desire to go back to school again. I just don’t know how to live the lifestyle I desire (nothing extravagant) and be a full time student.
  • Did anyone go to that SOS concert?
  • I swear my roommate/friend has given everyone my number back home. Y’all know I don’t talk to people like that.

Playing~”Right Back to you”-Eric Roberson

4 comments:

Dayne Avery said...

Your music choices are great. What do you know about Amy? I love that chic. And tears dry is my favorite on that album. Her first album is still one of my all time top picks.

Go back to school. It will all be worth it. I had to go back after getting tired of hearing myself say "I wanna go back to school". It's hard adjusting to the lifestyle of a student but trust me in the long run it will make sense.

yet another black guy said...

^ true dat. and how are you and your room mate using each other? not the dreaded "fake date night"?!

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

just curious... how old are you?

That Dude Right There said...

Jill Scott needs to come back strong. That last album just didn't do it for me.

I want to go back to school myself, but financially it's not feasible. It will be hard as hell to maintain a sensible lifestyle and be a full time student without taking out hellified student loans. But you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want.

And can you explain just how you and your roommate are using each other. I'm puzzled.