Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's been over a year!

Well, I'll be darn! I've been living in Atlanta for a whole year. This was my first time leaving my family and all things familiar. I wanted to be here and I made it happen. I'm proud of that fact. Since I've been here I think I've evolved. A lot of people noticed a difference in me and I noticed it as well. No matter how I try to deny it. I've always came across knowledgeable, mature, and practical when I spoke and hung out with people (despite this blog being frivolous from time to time). I think that's why most of my good friends are older than me. However, I must admit I am a little less experience in something than most people my age. I think this past year I chipped away at some of the inexperience. In many ways I'm still the same guy. The church boy part of me is still evident, but it's not as dominate as it once was. I'm still a little too cautious and calculated. I can't help it. Maybe it's an only child thing...hhhmmm.

I enjoy the city. This city has a lot of events all of the time. The job market kinda sucks! What's up with that? Maybe there is an over saturation of educated people here???? The city for the most part is governed well. The traffic is crazy. The people are nice and friendly generally speaking. Atlanta cost of living is pretty good. Overall I'm satisfied with Atlanta

3 comments:

yet another black guy said...

one of these days i'm gonna have to check atlanta out.

Mr. Jones said...

Glad you're enjoying the city. I'm not a huge fan of it, but I always have fun when I go.

Congrats on your anniversary!

That Dude Right There said...

I've lived here for 2 years and I love it. It's just such a livable big city and I hope that I never have to move.