Friday, May 09, 2008

Quick Update

Playing~"Glory to the highest"-City of Refuge (Bishop Noel Jones)

I woke up early this morning and I realize I haven't dropped you guys a note in a minute. I have a lot of things going on, but I'm going to run through them real quick.

  • I'm up for a promotion! I know, God is good. This will be my 3rd promotion in less than 2 years. I killed one interview. The second interview wasn't as strong. I just want the will of the Lord done (I got real save on y'all, but it's the truth..lol.). Somehow I'm indifferent and excited at the same time. I'm a little insecure about this possible position. My indifference is a combination of my insecurity and the preservation of my self-esteem.
  • One of my best friends lost his job. Can you imagine losing 75-80k a year? He's a peace for the most part. He's turn down one job and waiting on his dream job response. Say a prayer
  • I realized I have completely missed the boat on graduate school. I need to do so many things before enrolling. sigh...okay, gaining this job maybe more important than I thought.
  • One of my friends caught feelings for someone who is notoriously unfaithful. It's to the point that the guy confesses every time he f*cks around. He thinks that makes the world of difference. "I'm telling you, you have to respect that." I no longer advise my friend on this relationship. I realize he will make excuses for the person anyway. I ignore him when he brings it up. He needs to whip his a**...straight up.
  • You've been update in 7 mins. Let me get ready for work...peace

5 comments:

E. Terrell said...

congrats on the promotion man... it will all work out...

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Keep believing and achieving man. As far as grad school, don't even think about it. Get it done.

yet another black guy said...

hey congratulations! try to stay calm and positive. and your friend had better be having the safest of safe sex with this guy he's with.

fuzzy said...

congrats on the promotion man! Sorry for your friend, thats like givin up a really nice car per year!

That relationship... wow, he needs to handle that!!!

Thanks for the update man!

Mr. Jones said...

Congrats on the promotion!