Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mature Response

Playing~"echo"-Usher
In the past few weeks, I have been faced with a few situations that caused me to make some mature decisions. Everyday we are presented with many dilemmas and depending on our responses to those dilemmas the outcome vary from favorable or less favorable.

Let's start with Slick and I situation. I wasn't really mad when I heard him talking about how he would mess with Plan B and how they've been flirting. As I mention before I was at a lost for words and could do nothing, but laugh. Everybody knows Plan B and I didn't end on the best of terms. However, I didn't have an issue with them hanging out whatever, but I do have an issue with you trying to hook up. You're my ace. Why would u want to go behind me? My less than mature self thought it was more than acceptable to say the following "Are you that fucking lame that you would follow behind me?" "A blind man can see he's using u to get at me." "He didn't associate with you much until I thought it was best that I left him alone." However, I've decided to leave all of that out. I'm just going to ask "what made you think it was okay for you to flirt and stay the night at Plan B house and then come and tell me about?"

Happiness is another thing that I have chosen. I have been overflowing with joy. Yeah, I could be funky about a lot of things, but I have chosen to be happy. I was about to have one of those "aahh I hate going to work, blah, blah days". I immediately caught myself and spent a little time getting myself together and making the right decision to be happy. Acting all indifferent doesn't help the situation. What are you choosing these days?

4 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Trust I am choosing to be happy even when I want to just stay in bed with the covers over my head listening to Sara Bareilles' "Gravity". But I am quick to put Janet's "Better Days" and keep it poppin. You have to choose your battles to win the war. You've just inspired a post for me.

Cash S said...

If I understand correctly, Slick is your friend that is now trying to talk to your ex, Plan B?

Dating friends ex's is always a touchy subject. Let your friend know how you feel about it and hopefully he'll respect that.

. said...

i am learning the process of just being happy. not letting what i can't control, control me and what i can control overwhelm me. i am learn to take what i can, do with it what i can and make moves.

happiness is the key!

Nario said...

man let that mess be what it is, and keep on stepping...I had a run in with some bs about a similar situation and fortunately an ex of mine don't get it, I just live with the peace of knowing what's really good with so called people. I don't use the friend quotient too much!

Being cool and on the up and up beats that bs out anyday! Handle yours.