Sunday, January 20, 2008

I give up!

The situation:
I'll admit it....I'm confused by male on male interaction. I don't get it. This pass weekend I went to gay club(s) for the first time. Both times I felt like I missed something. A lot of people don't dance! aahhmm...why are you here if you aren't going to dance? If they do dance, they dance with their friends. Most guys will not approach you. However, they will look at you all night (WTF?). Only the ones you don't want to approach or dance with have the boldness to do either and they try to molest you. Actually, the first night of clubbing wasn't that bad. We were there for like 1 and a half. The club was balanced, I could have worked that given more time. They closed at 3. The second night was an absolute mess! Traxx is definitely the worst s**t ever! It's too big, the crowd too young and too hood. I was overwhelmed my first 20-30 mins. there. I've never seen anything like it and I've been to some hood joints. We got in around 12am. It didn't get thick until 1:40am, but by then we were focused on seeing fantasia who didn't come out until like 3 something. After the performance you realized the crowd had changed drastically. I guess the mature and fine people waited until late to come, because my lawd. They were fine!!!! Those DC, VA, Maryland brothers were so on point last night...sigh. However, I was over it by then. I just wanted to go home.

My rant
For the second time, I don't get this sh*t! How in the H E double L did I not get a f*cking number or something. I was cute all f**kin' weekend! If I could get a freakin' picture on a website I'll add it on here, so I can prove my freakin' point. I may not be your type, but I'm far from anyone's opinion of ugly. Obviously, the club is not for me!

My resolve
If I like someone I'm going to approach them from this point on. If not, I'll just end up frustrated like I am now. Gettingmyselftogether gave some good advice via blog. Thanks for the feedback via the phone also. I was bit concerned for a minute. These men almost messed with my self-esteem. I'm still frustrated, but hearing something from someone with experience puts things in prospective. There is a free party tonight...I'm passing. Slick (ex-roommate is a little disappointed). I have some ABC to catch up on. I know they will not boost or lower my self-esteem. Yeah, I'm being a bit dramatic.

5 comments:

Cash S. said...

Your analysis is correct. That's exactly how it is at the club! Everyone wants to be chased. Everyone stands around and looks. No interaction with anyone outside of their group of friends. It sucks, but that's the reality.

life said...

Slick (ex-roommate) declares this experience was my fault. There was a cute guy who grab my hand and gave me a compliment, but I thought he was just being nice. I smiled and kept it moving. hhmm...maybe I'm the one who's challenged?

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

LoL. Don't feel bad. I've never gotten a number at a club either. Shyt I've only ever gotten a drink once. It almost wore on my self esteem too until I realized that peeps don't buy me drinks because I always have one...lol. At gay spots peeps are easily intimidated and fear 'public' rejection that's why is it's rough. It's all good yo. Be safe!

~Damnit!

Unknown said...

Go out with the intention of having fun and the rest falls into place... this being sooo together and fine as all get out but getting no attention begs the question of what vibe you're putting out. That said, clubs aren't for everyone and what you can drum up at clubs isn't likely what you really want long term anyway.
...but hey, that's just an old man talkin' that 'been around' shit.

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

sounds like a straight club as well to me... people stand around and drink and socialize... some dance... some get the balls to ask others to dance... then the overly pressed dudes always hittin up the cute chick... dont see much difference