Wednesday, June 27, 2007

random

Playing~"Bittersweet"-Kayne West Ft. John Mayer

Vainty, Vainty, Vainty all is vainty, right? Man, I must say moving here was a reality check. Back home I was a big fish in a small pond. Now, I'm a small fish in a HUGE pond. Everyone here is so pretty (general speaking). I mean, between the veneers, fly clothes, bangin' bodies, and flawless skin a low maintenance guy like myself is wondering how is he to compete. It takes a life time for me to shave let alone go to the barber every week. I still think I'm attractive, but it seems to be easy to get lost in the sea of attractive people here. I definitely have to step my game up. I have to drink water and take better care of my skin. I need to get a hair every two weeks (everyone knows hair cuts does wonders for you). A hair cut can take you from a C+ to a B+ easy. I'm not even going to lie and say I'm going to the gym. I'm going to be that skinny cat for life...lol. I see why people are in debt here. Either you go broke trying to keep up or you realize you are fine the way you are.

Music, Music, Music

Everyone knows I love me some music. If I'm awake 80% o f the time there is music on. Here are two people I'm feeling right now.

First, Chrisette Michelle is the bomb. She is sick. I don't know how to describe her. She's a fuse between Billy Holiday, Natalie Cole, and herself. Here is a little sample it's one of my favorite songs on the album. I can listen to her whole album. Her writer is outstanding. The person is a great story teller like Jill Scott and Lauryn. Here are some Highlights from the album: "Like a dream", "Best of Me", "Your joy", "Good Girl", "Mr. Radio", "Golden", "Love is You", "is this the way love feels". It has Life's stamp of approval...GO GET B/C I SAID SO!

J Holiday is the other person. I've only heard one song from him. The song is called "Bed". It's hot, I can't deny it. It makes you want to grind. Here is a little sample of what he has in store.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What city are you in?
Do you...f*ck the establishment!

Corey Keith said...

I am going to purchse the Chrisette Michelle tomorrow...

yet another black guy said...

nah son, 'Be With Me' is that fire! he sounds a lil too much like Ne-Yo to me, but still nice. whatever happened to the gruff sounding brothers though?

the theory is that if you wonder if you're hot or not, then you're probably better looking than you give yourself credit for. at least that's what i read in Psychology Today. but what do they know?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CHRISSTE MICHELE!

"Best Of Me" is my jam!

-A. Benjamin Irby
http://blog.abenjaminirby.com