Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Fire, change, people, and clothes

Playing~"almost"-Tamia

Life done bbbuuurrrnnnn the house down. My gas bill was out of control, so I thought let me buy some wood. Well, little did I know my freakin' vent was not open. Next thing I know the darn fire alarm is going off. I have to get off the phone, open the vent, open a window, fan the fire alarm, try to open the patio sliding door only to break something. It was a mess, but the fire department didn't have to come out to the springs.

Okay, I feel like I'm reliving a portion of 2006 over, which is not cool. Same bad habit that got me down in 2006 is getting my behind now. I need to get my sh*t together...this is not what's up. I'm a progressive brother this cannot go on, but one thing that rings true to me is....change happen when you change your mind. A calendar date has nothing to do with change. Please tell me someone is experiencing this

Today, I was reminded that I'm not an island. I've been here for 5 months and I haven't had one of those moments until today ( a week off will do it to ya). I need a crew. You know, a few people you can call because it's Tuesday and there is nothing to do. I had a pretty solid crew in college. It was about 5 of us. Then, I had another crew of 3 people, so I was good. I definitely need to get some friends here. Bloggers we need to meet up...this is safer than meeting complete strangers. What do you think?

Nobody cares about the skinny boys! All the big boys complain about clothes, people judgments, etc. Nobody cries out for the skinny boys, so here I am. We can't find no darn clothes either. Being 5'8 and *cough* pounds is tough. Finding a 30x30 is mission impossible! I even go to the skinny boys stores (as my friend calls them)...Banana Republic and Express..what's up with that? Big boys get over yours...skinny boys go through too. Do you know someone had the nerve to call me petite....CLEARLY YOU WANT ME TO BEAT YOUR A**!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... I like your post .. I glad that you did not have a major fire in your house. OOH and I LOVE Banana Republic!

Anonymous said...

that was a close call ... does yo place have sprinklers? good thing u didnt get any water damage

life, u can holla @ me anytime but aren't u in ATL? w/ all the bloggers down there i cant believe y'all dont know each other (atleast not personally)

dont worry about the petite comment just do yo thang boy :)

PS: i wear size 34x36 and that's somewhat hard to find too ... but eventhough i try fashion isnt my thing and all the clothes i buy ends up looking all the same ... yeah i know i'm hopless

life said...

@T no sprinklers thank God! Where are you? Yes, all of us are here and thatguy said it best..."all these bloggers in Atlanta and we don't know each other" I just someone will put something together soon or later.

terpFAN said...

i'm in alexandria va ... about 10mi outside DC ... i see that pic on yo profile :)

That Dude Right There said...

Aight. Let's meet up when I get back home.

I'm sure that we can drag Mashaun (http://thisismemadosi.blogspot.com/) along.

life said...

There is a post behind that picture

Dayne Avery said...

NOooooooooo don't burn the house down.