Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Random/Update

I had a few post on the back burner, but I'm going to squeeze everything into a random list.

  • I went to this party a week or two ago and I experienced what my friends and I call cattiness. Typically, cattiness comes from females interactions with other females. However, it has somehow permeated the gays. Cattiness can be exemplified through a shady look for no reason. I.E. you walk in a room and they give you the side eye like who is this b*tch. Calling ppl fish, etc.
  • When you are at a gathering or any type of intimate meet & greet this is not the time for you to play/talk on your phone. Enjoy the company you are amongst. You never know what you may experience. Sigh...the internet has caused the kids to be seriously unsocialized. Get your a** off of those websites and talk to people!
  • Stop letting your friends dictate your feeling towards an individual. If you think they are hot, stick with your feeling. Who cares if your friends thinks they aren't masculine or whatever enough. sigh...you're an adult!
  • Why does Jazmine Sullivan take my post(s) and make a song (lions, tigers, and bears)?
  • Speaking of music.....Monica is back! The last album I couldn't support, but this one may get me back on board. I really enjoyed her show! I heard the ratings were crazy!
  • The dude who inspired this post is not in the picture. I passed on him for a few reason the main one being shawty/crazy.
  • I'm realizing I have an issue with sex. I'm very cautious concerning it. I thinking it comes from a few things mainly molestation and church. I have to get to the bottom of this.
  • Don't you hate it when the person you think is hot likes someone else. It's even worse when the person you like, likes the person who likes you....sigh. confusion
  • The only thing worse than that is when you find out the person you think is hot is tacky! Why did you show my homeboy your "thing" at work...ugh. You lost points. You come across so dignified, who would've thought?
  • AAHHHMM...please inform the kids that Tops can get HIV too. I heard the dumbest mess the other day. They didn't say that verbatim, but that's what it implied. Our infection rate is so how because.....sigh
  • People need to start asking to see people's results before they lay down with them. You'll be surprise who's infected.
  • My birthday passed and it was so uneventful..blah! I do feel very grown man and everyone is feeling the effects of it. Some are enjoying it and others are like you're not playing anymore, huh?
  • Speaking of, I'm so going to regulate my boss's boss. You know, you have to discipline bosses sometime. I told them I was holding them more accountable. MFer I need to see some results.
  • I didn't take the job in Florida. I feel comfortable passing one the money to gain some life lessons.
  • My intern is finishing up her program and I'm so proud! She is the best! It feels so good to develop someone's career!
  • I'm certain there is more to say, but I'm going to chill for now.

7 comments:

Turn me up a lil said...

Trust me cattiness is prevalent in str8 male communities also...being greek opens your eyes to a lot!

I'm so excited for Monica her last album was the ish I just think she put out the wrong singles. Her new single sounds hot this time around so yea I'm geeked!

Showin your dick at work is not in style anymore.

Don't feel bad the last Three B-days of mine have been totally uneventful.

Nario said...

Cattiness is something I experienced with my ex.....so like him anyway but I am lucky I don't tolerate or hang around stupid ass peeps in that capacity. It's sad...

Lmao @ showin the goods at work, I can't hate on the brotha for being proud of his johnson but that is just junior high though, and I must admit I would pull my playmate out too in Gym class to thrill the chicks lmao! I was young and dumb though..but hey some people don't get over themselves I guess.

fuzzy said...

this was alot! Tops and HIV? Who said that? everyone is at risk!

People telling me who I can talk to is foolish, I'm Grown!

Talking on the phone is a defense mechanism to remove yourself from the atmosphere. That one on the phone may as well leave!

all I have to say... I would of enjoyed a full post on each of those bullets! This was like the segment on Family Guy of Peter's Grinds My Gears!

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

I know that's right@ TMUAL!! Imagine a meeting scheduled to take an hour lasting 4 FUCKING HOURS because 25 grown men wish to pontificate about nothing?! LoL. I can't!

Yea yo I agree with you on the internet destroying the communication skills of people. For some it's just hard to be social.

~Damnit!

Unknown said...

I LOVE this entry...keen insight

B Free said...

Im sooo with you on the not letting your friends dictate your feelings. My friends agree to disagree all the time. Its about happiness. If my good good boys like someone im not attracted to or dont see it then whatever long as they are happy. I will however voice if i dont like the way they are treating my friends.

DEFINITELY get the results before the event lol.

I learned that the cattiness is a form of jealousy. If you walk into a spot hella confident then thas all it takes. When they do it just smile back. they warm up faster that way. If they dont then you wave to em and as you walk away be like "BIATCH" lol I Kidd I Kidd!

Unknown said...

"Stop letting your friends dictate your feeling towards an individual."

So with you! I even hate it when my friends ask me what I think of a guy. I'll usually counter with "does he make you feel good about yourself/treat you well" b/c I don't wanna be like "I wouldn't touch him with a 10-inch-pole".

Not so with you on the internet causing people to be "unsocialized". Perhaps a different type of social interaction, but that all depends on what you value.

Enjoyed this post.
D. Kareem