Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mr. Real Thang

I received the e-mail inviting me to your going away party two weeks ago. I still haven't opened the evite. My reply would only further damage our non-existing relationship. It's weird how you still will not contact me yourself. I have casually reached out to you once in a time of need. No response, which definitely lets me know I shouldn't come to the party. I knew the whole time you were not the one! I tried anyway. Twice I was surprise by mystery boyfriends.

I reflect on the time we shared and laugh my a** off. You were the first guy to jack me off. A few minutes later you revealed you had a boyfriend, so that's why you couldn't finish me off. You didn't cheat as long as no one came (wtf). Seconds after that you revealed that I had been looking at your boyfriend the whole time. I was floored. I remember a few weeks later we stopped talking.

Months later a mutual friend came in town and you used him to get us back together. A month later you were pressing hard to "know me". I messed around and freaked your a** out. Your talking and moaning still is HOT to me (f**k when you say my name..whew). The rest of it was ahhh...uneventful. I remember the day I told you how disappointed I was. You had every excuse. Thank God! We didn't f**k! How do you let a virgin show you up? You've been making out for years. I was amused! I remember being devastated the morning after you left. The good church boy was being naughty...lol. "Life, we didn't really do anything. Stop beating yourself up." By that night, I was cool. Two weeks later you stayed over again. I bet you just knew it was going down. I taught you intimacy that night. You struggled at first, but you enjoyed a nonsexual night.

You exposed me to a few things in Atlanta and introduce me to a lot of good people. Most of them don't talk to me now. You shielded me from the gay scene. You didn't want the negative influence. Plus, you have to keep up your image. You could be a senator or something one day.
You and I both know I was the realist man you've ran into. You didn't admit it, but you definitely couldn't deny it. I was the only guy who sharpened you mentally, feed you spiritual ( I had tears in your eyes on more than one occasion), and intrigued you sexually. I called you often on how bad of a brother I was. You could never do anything, but smile. I'm sure your tale of this pseudo relationship is different. Perception is something is it not?

You served your purpose, so I don't regret anything. I think that's why it's easier for me to be cordial. My attendance to this party wouldn't be a good thing. It may come across real nasty now, but trust me it's better for me not to attend.

Sincerely,

Your Real Thing

7 comments:

Turn me up a lil said...

damn....are you sure you're over the whole situation or is this your form of final closure?

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

you messed around with someone you knew was dating someone else... thats so not good.

life said...

@ Williams: No, let me go back and read what I wrote. I didn't know about the boyfriend. He revealed the boyfriend after the initial "hook up". Shortly after that we didn't talk. We didn't talk for months. During that time they broke up. Two months after their break up I'm brought back into the picture by a mutual friend. The second "hook up" happen when he was single. He wanted to date, but I was unsure. Then, about 3 months later another guy comes out nowhere.

life said...

@ turn me up:I'm definitely over it. I was over it before we stopped talking. I tried to be his friend, but he became hostile towards me, so it caused us to become more and more distant.

fuzzy said...

You can tell from the passion behind this post that even though you're over it, this was once a deep and valued relationship that you had some sort of trouble letting go.

This will close this chapter so that you may begin a new one. Press forward!

Corey Keith said...

Fuzzy is so write! (purposefully typed)

I think several readers missed the point of this post. Your words touched me.. I have been there...

. said...

sometimes you just have to feel your ay and find your way out of a situation. maybe your attendance wouldn't (wasn't) a good thing, but sometimes the caution you put up prevents you from an experience you might need to go that next level of growth.

take care man.