Tuesday, November 13, 2007

that darn A. Keys and this homo thing

I'm definitely feelings this album. It gives you a fuse of R&B, Soul, and Funk (in my opinion). If you are looking for a lot of production, this is not the album for you. A lot of live instruments and great vocals is what you will find. Highlights on the album: No One (is for her pre-existing fan base), Like You'll Never See Me Again (this made me buy the album), Lesson Learned, Wreckless Love, The Thing About Love, Teenage Love Affair,I Need You, Prelude To A Kiss, and Tell You Something


A song (Prelude To a Kiss) on the album sparked a conversation between a friend and I. I asked him "Do you think people understand who you are?" "Do they relate to you well?" Response, "Yeah, they understand and relate to the part I show them". *sigh* The invisible life of the gays (men and women). We talk about how both of us don't share that portion of our lives with everyone in our lives. He recently came out to some friends and it went well. Anyway, some kinda way he referred to this stage of his life as an experience (like it's just something he going through). I quickly jumped all over him. No, Disney World is an experience. This is real! It's not a moment or a day. This is your life! I may not choose to share a lot of my business publicly, but one thing I don't do is disillusion myself. We went into a discussion about religion, which was interesting and enjoyable. I like bouncing all these ideals on people.

5 comments:

yet another black guy said...

i've never been a big Alicia fan, but i have heard a couple folks big up this album. i may have to give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

Man I love that girl. Can't wait to cop the album. The video for Like You'll Never See Me Again is pretty hot.

Cash S. said...

Like You'll Never See Me Again is the reason why I'll be purchasing the CD. That song is hot!

Mr. Jones said...

I like Alicia's second single, too. Not sure if I'll go buy the album because of it though. I might download it.

As for your convo with your friend...

I understand where you're coming from. I really do. I've gotta side with him though. I'm a fairly private person and I only allow people in so far.

Typically in life I always say less than necessary. Its just a rule I live by. I think the more you say the less in control you appear and the more likely you are to say something foolish.

SpecialK261 said...

sound sliek you liek the enitre album...me too!!! i feel as though she wen tin a good direction and tis really working for her love her older albums adn this one a whoel lot..it's definitely not for everyone....

- Special K