Friday, November 09, 2007

How many know what love is?

Playing~"Was it worth it"-Keyshia Cole


People use the word love so freely. It has lost its true essence. Love goes beyond the butterflies you feel in your stomach and the random thoughts that run through your head all day. Love is a choice. People are confusing liking someone and loving some. I’m so sick of hearing about it. How do you love someone and keep someone on the side the whole time. Love influences your decisions to better your relationship. You choose to not sneak, tip, and creep because you love someone. Thus, you don’t make conscious and repetitive decisions that will endanger your relationship. If you ever want to see how much you love someone examine the decision you make that directly affects them. I believe love and commitment go hand in hand. However, I don’t believe they are equally balanced all the time. Some people may not feel all these beautiful feelings, but they are committed to the person they are with and they make a decision to honor that commitment. Feeling change, but love surpass how you feel.


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."

I Cor. 13v.4-8




5 comments:

antneya said...

Great post

Anonymous said...

As I read this, I couldn't help but think about Poetic Justice when Maya Angelou asked "Child, what do you know about love?"

Cash S. said...

You better say that!!

Fred Hammond has a great song on his Somethin' Bout Love CD called Not Just What You Say. He talks about this very thing.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Wow... You know I woke up at 4 am Tuesday and couldn't to sleep thinking about this very topic. I texted a friend of mines this:

Hey,

I hope this message doesn't wake you but I'm feeling down and just needed to get my thoughts out to a friend...even if he wasn't going to read it until hours later.

You know, I've come to realize that I am a lonely man. Not because I don't have someone to care for me and that cares about me, no that's not it. I'm lonely because I've never been in love before... I've never selflessly thought of ones needs or desires w/out considering the effects or outcome to me. I've never felt the unyeilding urge to be in the presence of anyone; had my thoughts cnstantly be of them. I have been told that I over analyze everthing and that's because I believe that most things in life are not black and white... In this same spirit it seems that I have analyzed this concept of 'love' so much so that it scares me to think that I am immune to it. Any nice deed, word, or thought bestowed upon me has been spun and rewound in my mind in an attempt to bare witness to love. What have I done to myself...? My heart is heavy. It is brick and I lay here in my bed at 4 am unable to return to sleep. Lonely but not in need of someone, but in search of my soul...I am alone.

Again sorry if this wakes you and I pray that it doesn't. I'll talk to you later. Told you there's always something on my mind... *Sigh*

It's just so ironic that you're writing about this very topic...


~Damnit!

yet another black guy said...

i'm late on this one, but read it at just the right time. thank you