Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Day Dreamin'

"Day Dreamin'"-Tamia

Is anyone familiar with Tamia's record "Almost". The gist of the song is someone is having desires/memories/feelings for a relationship that never happen. I'm not dating, but I'm doing something. What it is....I don't know. As of now, it's nothing, but it definitely has some potential. A mutual friend wanted us to meet, which I thought nothing of. This friends thinks he is DL, but he is definitely not fooling me. Because of his "status" and how I thought he viewed me...I didn't think it was one of those..I think y'all would be cute together type of things (still not sure if it is).

We met at a dinner party, but nothing resulted of that. He was really shy. I even told him to contact our mutual friend to get my number. He never did. The mutual friend kept bringing it up. I blew it off. Well, recently I was determine to get out and meet people. Even if I had to do somethings I never do. I contacted him. We talked briefly, but the second time we talked until I had to go to bed. I enjoyed the conversation. Now, I'm stuck trying to figure out is there something extra here or is this person really just being nice to me. Of course, nobody is putting their cards on the table, because that was never established. Second, I'm not sure I'm ready for that (this is my first time entertaining a man..I usually blow them off or avoid it all together).We are going to hang out this week. I called my committee of gays (two friends I have). They keep me in the loop of what's going on in the community. He hasn't done anything in particular (well, random text messages, some borderline flirtatious comments, and the mutual friend prying..are suspect). Both are like there is something, but you will know for sure tonight. Eyes don't lie..pay attention to the eyes. Okay, back to the song...why am I trying to put things together. Like hhmm..how would this work, the future, will I get bored, etc. I'm 3 months ahead and nothing has happen yet. I'm a mess. I'm like this in every arena, so I shouldn't be a surprise.

Edit: I just talked to him and now I'm really confused. More people are being throwin' in the mix for the two days this week. However, I've been invited over whenever he decides to throw down in the kitchen again (this is without ppl) and he wants to come over (that's a no). See the confusion

3 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

It sounds like you are fearful of the unknown. You never know what can happen if you but up road block to it happening.

Dayne Avery said...

I love that song. Thank you for turning me on to her new album

Anonymous said...

On Tamia's song-- I noticed that you mentioned the song once before and I was like, "What does he know about that song?". I LOVE it and am very glad that you appreciate it as well. I was checking my iPod to see what i want to delete off of it and saw that that very song is has had the most plays on it... sounds like single material to me.