Friday, February 23, 2007

Had to get it off my chest

Playing~"Can't let got"-Anthony Hamilton
Today, was one of those days. You know, when you feel like you need some companionship. Some good conversation, great vibes, and compatibility. *sighs* Not to be cocky, but I got my stuff together. I have a job (w/ benefits, 401K, etc), my own place (no roommates), educated (college graduate), my own car (paid for), and I'm at the very least semi-attractive (who am I kidding..I'm HOT!).

Playing~"I'm not that type"-Fantasia

My friends say, I really don't want to date, because usually if I want something I make it happen. I don't know if I agree with them, but I do know, I could put myself out there more. I rarely go places and I'm usually on the phone when I do go out. Matter of fact, that happen tonight. I was in Wal-mart. This person (guy) kept checking for me, but I was busy talking to my friend. He came to my aisle like 3 times and I got the feeling he was checking to see if I was off the phone yet, because he never brought anything on that aisle. He original was passing the aisle I was on, but decided to view something on my aisle. We spoke and he kept it moving. Then, he came back to the asile and just look down the aisle and not at the merchandise. I was the only person ont he aisle. HHMMM...maybe I am blocking myself self-consciously. The sexuality thing is an issue. Finding both attractive makes me not want to go with either, because I don't want to confuse anyone and I will not be a DL person...that's just too much going on. Okay, I'm moving on! I'm realize this blog is turning into my coming out process.

Playing~"I find it hard to say (rebel)"-Lauryn Hill

3 comments:

That Dude Right There said...

Maybe this blog is for you to come out.

But strangely, something similar happened to me in Kroger. But I was so intent on getting the items that I needed, that I didn't think about it until I was out of the store.

Doesn't it make you wonder how many brotha have been checking you out?

life said...

Yeah, maybe, we are single because we aren't paying attention. Something to think about...I guess. So from now on, we need to pay attention...agreed?

B Free said...

Man i fell off for a minute but im back! Love this one because i can relate. Ive grown to learn that self respect and appreciation is perfectly fine. Those who read your self proclaimed attractiveness as coming off cocky, well thats their issue. I have said it and will continue to say it, Im Sexy, Single, and some other S words i cant think of right now. I have gone from the lowest of self esteem to my highest yet and still climbing. Long as you dont throw it in peoples faces, Do YOU! Much love bruh

B Free