Sunday, February 18, 2007

What about your friends?

Birds of a feather flock together, right? I don't know if I completely support that statement. If you are friends with someone, there are somethings you have in common, but it's a dangerous thing to make people guilty by association.

Does anyone have a friend(s) that is unstable as Florida's weather? You know not to bank on a lot things they say or plan, because they are just flat out unreliable. Lawd, I have two friends like that and both of them pulled a crappy move this weekend. I wasn't even mad, because I know them. You have that moment of "I'm going to kill them", but you get over it quick. Our conflict is obvious!

Then, I have the HNIC (Head Negro In Charge) friend. Great personality, natural leader, and for the most part has my back. On the contrary, he is double standard (proud about it), very persuasive (can come across manipulative from time to time), and dominate. I think I come off passive (nice/easy going), but that's because of my desire not to start any trouble. However, I'm not the one to flex on. I can also be dominate and very strong minded, which is our conflict.

I also have victim. I love this friend to death, because he is faithful. I can count on him most of the time and I believe he would never do anything with the intentions to hurt me. However, victim is just that a victim in too many situation and that aggravates me to death. I believe to a degree people have the lives they want. If your too lazy to go out and change your life...you deserve whatever you get.

Then, I have my faithful few (about 3-5 people). We don't talk much, but when we do we make up for the old and the new. They support me and believe in me. Sometimes they call just because they are having issues and they know I'm a good listener. Plus, I usually give some sound advice.

How are you and your friends?

3 comments:

Jay said...

Honestly, my biggest problem with my friends is the lack of discipline when it comes to time. i'm always early, yet the majority of my friends are always late. this kills me. we will ignore the fact that i'm normally 15 min early to start, but they tend to show up on avg 15-30min late. the simple solution is i should arrive later, but i don't think i'm the one that should change. maybe i will post about this one day.

dancehard said...

brilliant breakdown and depiction of your friends. My circle of close friends has grown somewhat since my coming out last year, and I'm definitely starting to see the unique personality of each friend i've gained or retained.

I feel much the same as you do about knowing your friends enough to not have their annoying idiosyncracies get on your nerves! Isn't it a trip how much we tolerate for the people that we love. My tight circle(s) of friends range from passive and overtly humble to loud and messy but i have much love for them all.

YES for idiosyncratic friends!

That Dude Right There said...

Is it strange that I feel that I have only 1 person that I feel is a true friend. I have people who are friends, but he is the one that I talk to everyday. I trust his advice. He trust mine. We are ALWAYS there for each other. And we accept each other with no conditions. I need more friends like him.