Thursday, June 05, 2008

Conversations

I had a conversation with a group of friends and the topic came up of me telling my mother about my sexual preference. One associate thought it was the most ridiculous thing he had ever heard.

Buddy:"You're not gay!"
{Everyone looked at him like WHAT?! We have been talking about men and dating for the past 5-10 mins.}
Buddy:"You're curious. Have you dated a man?
Me: "no"
Buddy: "Have you had sex with a man?"
Me: aahhmm...define sex..lol.
Buddy:"If you have to ask questions like that you haven't. Why tell your mother and confuse her. You will have her mind all over the place for nothing. Wait!"

What are your thoughts on this conversation?

My deuce is moving to Atlanta. I'm so excited! We have been spending a lot of time on the phone and in person. He has been trying to help me navigate through Slick and I predicament (you know him and Plan B had something going on).
Slick: "I've been keeping something from Life"
Deuce: "If I was you, I wouldn't tell me, because I'm Life's friend and I'm going to tell him"
Slick: "You're very serious about your loyalty"
Deuce: Very. I enjoy you, but Life is my friend.
{Slick immediately withdrew his confession}
Later...
Deuce advises me not to get rid of Slick. Yes, he definitely was trifling in this predicament and he will never be around my man. However, I think he's just inexperience and that caused his actions to be whatever they were.
Thoughts?

5 comments:

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

just curious how old are you?

Corey Keith said...

I think you should follow your heart... if you feel as though it is time, tell your mother, but if you are not sure, then maybe you should wait until you are certain this is what you want...

fuzzy said...

I get the viewpoint of not confusing your mother if you are not sure. There is nothing that says you can't tell her that you are curious, seriously seeing someone... that would be the truth, right? no confusion!

BuddahDesmond said...

Do what you feel is best. Above all, you have to be certain and comfortable. To avoid confusion, I'd have to agree with fuzzy.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Tell her when you're comfortable. It's not a race.