Sunday, June 08, 2008

Wait til I get my money right

Anyone who knows me knows that not having money is one of my fears. I know what broke looks like, taste like, feels like and I would prefer not to experience any of the prior listed conditions of being broke. Thus, I'm very mindful of how I use and sometimes abuse my funds. I've noticed that I haven't had as much left over between paychecks (less than $700-600). I was not alarmed. I have a back up savings account that I never use and it receives a deposit every time I get paid. Plus, I have a little cash to back up that account. If I fear something I'll have so many buffers that fear never has a chance to manifest itself. Anyway, I wasn't happy about this decrease in discretionary funds, so I did some research.

I found this handy website. To my surprise, I was completely off with what I thought threw off budget. I recently started back paying tithe consistently. I'm over budget there, but that's not going to change. The website only budgets for 5% charitable contributions and everyone knows tithe is 10%. I pay too much on debt. That's not going to change either. I'm paying so much because I want the crap to go away. I really don't have much debt. Housing was a problem, but I'm going to fix that, which will put me back on budget. One thing I found that was amusing, I save too much. Is that possible? Anyway, check out the site

1 comment:

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

I have a million budgets and don't follow not a one of them. LMAO. I just move money around and try not to over spend after I pay my billz and pay myself.