Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Good/Bad Habits

Playing~"Hurt Again"-Mary J. Blige

Habits, we all have them be it good or bad. Habits are actions we repeatedly do and by doing them we achieve some degree of satisfaction. Some habits we publicly admit to and others we quietly indulge in, but nonetheless they are factors in our day to day life. The difficulty in breaking a habit is admitting that it brings a certain amount of pleasure (no matter how bad you think the habit is) and it's not just a casual behavior. I feel that habits are one step away from being addicted to something, so when I see myself developing a bad habit I try to pull back immediately. You know I can't have a lost of control.

I don't know if you guys recall my "all things sexual" fast. Well, that was a result of me feeling like I was developing a habit (plus, I had some spiritual things going on). My fast lasted for a month. Another issue is my frivolous spending. You will not believe how much money I spend on eating out. Dinning is my biggest opportunity in my budget. Clothes are a challenge, but food typically beats out how much I spend on clothes.

I'm posting because I feel like I'm regressing in both areas. You bloggers are getting me in trouble! You have to blame someone, right. Surely, I'm not the problem...lol. Whew some of y'all have these websites in your links section. LAWD, these little sites, which lead to other websites can occupy two hours of your day easy. Don't act like I'm a freak. You guys are the one who have the links. I get my spending under control for about a month and then I slowly begin to buy things here and there and then I'm like did I really go $100-$150 over my budget. Granted, I'm under budget in other areas, so it typically balances out. Does anyone see any negative habits forming in your life that seems to reoccurring?

Playing~"Rescue Me"-Teedra M

4 comments:

life said...

Okay, I was suppose to write about a different habit. Why am I telling people all of my business...lawd.

B Free said...

LOL theres always soemthing. And the minute youve been real good with your budget something else comes and takes the extras. Kinda like how i was saving an extra $100 a month and then the blow out on the hwy and a new set of tires lol. For everything else theres Mastercard right lol

fuzzy said...

Yahoo enabling my procrastination! I will get onto yahoo and avoid reading my bible, doing school work, and spending time with people close to me!

yet another black guy said...

don't get me started on eating out. everyday is a struggle to sit my ass home and not dine all up and down the street.

if i could just develop some cooking skills, i'd be set!