Sunday, February 10, 2008

balance

Playing~"Not About Us"-Bishop Noel Jones Choir

I recently noticed how much ambition we have when we are trying to find the "one". Heck, someone who is worth dating. We spend so much time, energy, and money making sure we are suitable candidates. We meet someone things don't work out and we start all over again. I begin to evaluate myself and the little amount of time, energy, and money I've been spending with God. I'm definitely not negating how important it is for us to love and be loved in a romantic way. They provide a tangible return relatively quickly and we don't always experience that with our relationship with God. I just find it interesting how more often than not our spiritual side has the tendency to be exercised when it's convenient. Where ever a man invest his time, energy, and money that's where you'll find his heart.....just a thought I've been chewing on.


This is a cute video of Karen Clark Sheard on Youtube

5 comments:

i am. said...

i couldn't agree more, my dude. where ever his time and energy is, there is his heart!

tight.
thanks for coming through to mine, too.

GI said...

All I can say is amen....there are no words. You stopped me dead in my tracks with this one.

The sermon has been preached...

Jay said...

I must say I agree...AMEN

fuzzy said...

I have to say I don't believe that God should even have to be on the balance! Wouldn't he tip it?

"Delight thyself in the lord and he shall give you the desires of thy heart." But you have to deal with God FIRST. Not balance God and whatever else you want to do! Just me thinking aloud!

Jahmar said...

I to like the others agree, the complexity comes when trying to find a balance, however i remember being told "To know God is to know Love", so i guess getting to know him would be the key and everything else will fall in place... damn i need to take my own advice...lol