Monday, May 28, 2007

What does a brother do?

Playing in the atmosphere~"Color Purple"

What does a brother need to do to get a date? My God! This area is a major challenge for me. I know how to flirt and approach women, but men...not so much. I have a fear of reject, but there are like fifty other questions that flood your mind. For example, are they, are they not/are they out?/If they aren't how will they respond to my conversation/how do I know they are attracted to me/how do I start the conversation/etc. They always look, but rarely do they speak. I've been told I don't give permission for them to approach me. I'm going to get a shirt made "Don't Eye Me, Try Me"...lol. Is anyone facing the same challenge?

Rahbi was real cool, but he definitely teased us. The Jazz festival has been quite the treat! I really enjoyed the few hours I spent there. Anyway, the dating thing was on my mind, so I thought I would drop a note here and get a feel of the what everyone else is experiencing.

Hello to my friend who found this blog. Darn, you nosey...you find everything

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a young gay black man I can definetly relate to your situation.Guys check me out all the time but are too scared to make eye contact and approach me which forces me to have to approach them which ain't always cool bcause I've been rejected twice by guys thstv I'm sure liked me.At the end of the day men are just cowards.So weigh your options out carefully before you approach a guy.

That Dude Right There said...

Do what I have done in the past. If you see a guy checking you out, wink your eye at him and see what happens. If he shows interest, then step to him. As far as what to say, say what's on your mind.

Mr. Jones said...

I experience the same types of anxiety. I think that's why I don't enjoy clubs and bars as much as some of my other friends do. I know I'm not ugly and I know I get checked out, but aside from hello, I don't know what to say. That's particularly odd considering I'm never lost for words.