Sunday, May 06, 2007

Like this

Playing in the atmosphere-"you should have know better~Monica

So, this weekend I went to my first party in the A. I was thoroughly surprise to find out that this was an all boy party (my first). One, the guy who invited us to the party is straight (supposedly). Two, one friend (Plan B) is big on discretion (supposedly). They drove me to the party and some kinda way left that out. We came pretty early, so I didn't pay much attention to the crowd. However, my first clue came when "Don't cha" came on. I leaned over to my friend and told him "I didn't expect to hear that at this party". We were in the hood, so I was kinda caught off guard. My friend still didn't say what type of party this was. Then, we went to pick someone up and that's when it hit me. Hey, this party is for boys to meet boys. Well, my friend didn't tell me because he knew I would not have been in attendance. He's really trying to make me do some of everything. Plan B declares I haven't experienced anything. I believe in doing things at my own pace. Anyway, I had some observation about the party, which were intriguing. The party was lame by the way. The music killed everything...boo.

  1. What is up with the music? How are you suppose to dance to hard core rap? Give me something uptempo, so I can get it poppin'. I did what I could with the music that was provided. I just kept my mean two step game. I was so over it by the 2nd hour. Sidenote: Beyonce makes people move...get me bodied.
  2. Are people suppose to dance together? VERY few people actually danced with a person.
  3. Do guys every talk to you? Some people just look at you all night, but never speak. What is that about?
  4. What do you think about the folks in drag (I'm referring to the homothugs)?
  5. Is it the usual for guys to just stand and watch the whole night? I mean, did you come to just stand with your friends the whole night and talk about people?
Playing-"Believe"~Raheem Devaugh

3 comments:

Dayne Avery said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW your first boy on boy party. My little life is spreading his wings...lol

Well from what I know, what you experienced is typical. People standing around people watching.

I love when people go against the grain and show thier idividuality through their clothes instead of following the homothug trend.

And I'm surprised that I'm feeling Beyonce's "Get Me Bodied" that video is hott. I dont know why I am but I am...

@GaryTylone said...

That sounds about right...people dont start talking until the liquor has had time to kick in usually. If no one still aint talkin, then you need to leave cuz the party is blah.

C ain't Crazy he just Creative said...

the life....it's hard.

my thing is like...what are the rules. i don't like how a lot of people play. i barely even like the game.