Monday, January 05, 2009

Are you listening?

God speaks to us in unorthodox ways from time to time. A few days ago I was at home trying to watch some of my favorite shows on abc.com. Every time I tried to load the video my computer would freeze. My virus alert would come up letting me know it was blocking the streaming. I kept restarting Explorer and it continue to happen. Then, I decided I need to stop acting like an insane person and try something different. I go to my anti-virus set up and realize my program was set so strict it was blocking the very thing I was trying to enjoy. I disabled that part of the anti-virus program. Then, I went back to explorer and I was able to enjoy watching the show without incident.
The message was simple. At times, we are too guard. So much so, it hinders us from achieving the pleasure we are seeking. Every now and then we have to take down some of those guards, so we whatever joy life could be presenting us. I don't know if this will speak to anyone, but that experience spoke to me. Everyone thinks I'm too self controlled/guarded. God has a funny way of teaching us lesson. He's always speaking/teaching it's up to us to hear/learn. I hope the new year is treating everyone well.

3 comments:

C. Baptiste-Williams said...

is that really God teaching you a lesson. or was it just that you set your settings incorrectly.

just a question

life said...

lol...I love this comment for some reason. Throughout the Bible we see a lot of practical things happen that appear to be unrelated to anything spiritual, but God use those very things to minister. Especially when Jesus spent time on Earth.

WhozHe said...

Yeah, you are right, I do try to guard against being to guarded. (IF you know what I mean)