Saturday, October 04, 2008

Lesson Learned

What has been the biggest lesson you've learned this year?

If I had to choose one thing it would be "I'm not all that". I really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I became so free after I learned that lesson. I was more free to do whatever I felt. Yeah, people will talk and say whatever, but next week it will be someone else. Don't concern yourself with what others are thinking about you. I am not the President. People aren't constantly talking about me. They are just talking about me like they talk about everyone else. I know it sounds simple, but it was very liberating for me. I learned how to live me life. What has been your lesson?

8 comments:

BPS 4.0 : Soul Exposure said...

Good post.

I would have to say that the lesson I continue to learn it to: Try something new and take chances because I am deserving of a wonderful life. A life that I believe exists and up for the taking if I am willing to go for it. I guess that is what is driving me to make a change and experience a new city with a new job.

Anonymous said...

One of the many lessons I've learned this year is that God is the only thing that remains constant and consistent. People change all the time. They may say one thing and intend to do it, but life,circumstances, and situations can make you change. In many cases, all we have is our word, so we have to carefully choose what we say.

D-Place said...

I think the hardest lessons to learn are the things that you repeatedly fall into. Mine is not listening to myself enough. God somehow always makes me. So I'm glad of that.

Crazy Diamond said...

That's a really good lesson, and I liked the way you put it. My lesson of 2008 would have something to do with love, and why there's no reason to keep secrets about who I am because I am afraid that someone will stop loving me.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

Good post.

The biggest lesson I've learned SO FAR this year is to be careful whom you trust or consider your friend.

~Damnit!

Corey Keith said...

My biggest lesson learned is that you have to appreciate each and every person on each and every day...

WhozHe said...

I've learned that even the closest friendships don't last forever, so its best to enjoy them while you can.

deonte' k said...

My biggest lesson was I can't do everything for everybody, & I'm not heman, so I can only do as much as I'm allowed.

Nice Post!