Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The internet

"Better People" ~ India Arie

The internet was suppose to be a world wide communication tool that would connect people all across the world. Well, it has definitely done its job, but I'm starting to believe it's becoming counter-productive. Do we talk anymore? What happen to conversation? I think some people are socially underdeveloped because of the internet. The internet provides them with the anonymity to be whomever they want to be. For example, person X would see person Y in person and wouldn't dare say a word to Y, but lets put a computer in front of X. X gains a certain boldness. I think the whole internet hook up thing is TACKY! Am I the only one who thinks people are socially underdeveloped because of the internet? Someone sees you in person and as soon as you notice them, they turn away. What is that about? I want your feedback

Today wasn't the day. I went to training for my new job for two weeks. I came back ready to work and make a change. Well, I faced the same BS. I'm so over it. However, during the training my team and I had to put together a presentation. Our presentation was so good, they are going to make it a regional program. I think I'm going to look for another job....this is some BS.

3 comments:

THE PISCEAN said...

Thanks for hitting me up on my blog man.
Peace and Blessings

Dayne Avery said...

The net certainly does make most people bolder. I am shy and slow to warm up to people at first in person but on the net its like all that other stuff doesnt matter. Its just a form of entertainment now real life is something totally different.

But I agree our society does have communication issues.

fuzzy said...

I believe that the internet provides a great way of introducing people to one another. I am not one to spark up a convo at random with random people. the internet takes that away from me. but there is a time where you have to stand up and walk away and do it the right way in person.

lol at the job BS!