Sunday, June 14, 2009

Quasi Relationships

Playing~"houtatlantavegas"-JoJo ft. Drake (This chick can really sing)

I'm a constant observer and I'm noticing a lot quasi relationship exist in our community. Nobody is really dating anyone. We "talk" to this one. We went on a date with that one. We chat with this one on Facebook. We "mess" with this one. We really like the other dude. If the truth be told, he is not that into us, but we're cute so he keeps us around. Unfortunately, we're doing the same thing to someone else. All this is going on and we are talking about wanting a commitment filled relationship. Do we really want commitment? Do we really understand what a committed relationship requires/looks like?

I like the ideal and the look of a committed relationship. The reality of it is kinda scary. I don't know if I'm emotionally handicap, still finding my way with dating, or scared (probably a mixture of all three). I find it difficult to get into anyone. Thus, I exert very little energy when dealing with anyone. Consequently, they probably feel the same way and the cycle just continues.

3 comments:

UrSoVain said...

Wow, that's so true. Don't really know too many serious anythings. But i think its because no one wants to get hurt (again). Taking that commitment plunge is too much for broken people to handle...

Chet said...

Life you are so right, everybody wants to be in a relationship, but nobody is prepared to commit to such a relationship, yeah we sleep with him and we spend time with him from time to time, but we can't seem to commit, I would be happy to commit to such a relationship, but dealing with semi STR8 men and their baggage there is no room for committment because you know the brotha aint right. When I date gay men the chances are so much greater, and hopefully they will feel the same way about me as I do them.

fuzzy said...

I dont place very much out there either. I dont entertain empty relationships either. Some of us know what we want but may not be ready for what we want to come to us. I think I fall in that category. So, I'm going to try to stay single for a good long while until i'm ready.