Tuesday, May 26, 2009

You're the sh*t!

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.-Psalms 134v14

This scripture came to mind on my way back from Miami (after all of the debauchery I'm thinking about scriptures..lol. I crack myself up). Our friend gets to Miami and is insecure about everything. We kept reaffirming him during the whole trip. Mind you, this friend typically meets someone everywhere we go. Surprisingly and silent I reaffirmed myself after Friday night. We both were blown after the club. We didn't mack anyone out and no one macked us. We both were like wtf?! All these dude here and I didn't meet anyone. We dropped one of our friends off and went back to park lot pimp. We experienced some interaction there and I ran into a blogger (he has certain style about him that I like).

Fast foward to Sunday night. My friend is macking and getting all night. I'm quite impressed! His self-esteem was through the roof. I was delighted that my friend was on such a high. However, I thought to myself this can't be good. Your esteem being based on people is dangerous. Heck, people will have you like an elevator. Taking you up when they want and bringing you down when they want. Then, that scripture came to mind. Why do we allow people to to increase and decrease our value? If God, himself, tells us that we are the SH*t and everything is where it'suppose to be! Who cares what anyone else thinks

2 comments:

The Antonym said...

very well said.. not sure if GOD would say "you're the sh*t" in those terms LOL but the scripture sure gives the impression needed.

Chet said...

What's good Man? I am pleased to hear that you were affored the opportunity to attend Sizzle, but I am sadden to hear that you didn't get your groove on the way you had envisioned prior to attending the event, yes that is a tough crowd being there is so much to choose from, it is truly a game of chase the kat.

By all means you are the shyte! Moving forward... The bible assures us of our worth.