Monday, April 13, 2009

Ready for Love?

Playing~"knock you down"-Keri Hilson

I want an honest answer. Hypothetically, let's say there is a such thing as a soul mate. If you met him/her today with all of your current issues and circumstances, would you be ready to commit? Could you treat them the way they're suppose to be treated? Could you allow them to treat you the way you're suppose to be treated?

We all have our vices in relationships. Would your trust issue hinder the relationship? Would pass hurts make it difficult for them to connect with you on an intimate level? Would your sex drive ruin things? Are your spending habits, so out of control they could not see building a financial future with you? Would your mood swings confuse him/her?

Honestly, are you ready for love?

3 comments:

Ian said...

I'm at the beginning of a new relationship and I'm making all the usual, stupid, mistakes. I don't know if "A" is my soul mate, but it's worth finding out. If he can deal with my issues, which are there front and center, then maybe, just maybe...

As things come up, we talk it over and I'm finding Arturo has as much baggage as me, if not more. Let's call us a work in progress. Still, we're happy.

Are you on the verge of something? If so, go with it, issues and all.

Unknown said...

Hey, when I met BD I wasn't looking for love and don't know if I was ready for love, but it happened. We make our mistakes, but our honest desire to be with each other makes us fight for us. You'll know...you'll know when it's worth fighting for.

kennyking78 said...

My man and I, when we were friends had ZERO issues. As a couple we have had a few hiccups, but when I look at him, I know that I would rather have no one else fill his shoes. We both are working through our past hurts and it comes with the territory.

My motto is "love all the way." Give everything that you have whenever you can. It is a gift and is not guaranteed to come again.